[OS X TeX] TeXShop 2.20

Vincent Verfaille vincent at music.mcgill.ca
Wed Jan 28 16:39:51 CET 2009

Hi Folks,

Thank you so much for this latest version of TeXshop. As an old user
of TeXshop (from almost the first release version), I always enjoy
each update, with its improvements and carefully chosen new features.

I had a question to other TeXshop 2.20 users: did anyone notice a
significant decrease of performance concerning the editing of very
long files?

Basically, I am using Beamer for a cours I am teaching; and since
Beamer 3.06 does not allow the use of \include{} commands, I am forced
to use a single and then very long file: about 12000 lines.
While TeXshop versions up to 2.19 had no problem with long files,
version 2.20 is very (very very very) slow about editing.
For instance to add a few words in the middle of the file, it took
almost 1 minute to see appearing the text of the 10 word sentence that
I just previously typed...
I then temporarily switched back to an older version of TeXshop (as
the other editors I know of always had the same problem anyway ;-) ).

Any help/information would be much appreciated.

Best,

Vincent
_______
Dr. Vincent Verfaille