[OS X TeX] TeXShop 2.20

Franck Pastor franck.pastor at skynet.be
Wed Jan 28 14:26:32 CET 2009

Le 28 janv. 09 à 13:15, Benoit RIVET a écrit :

> Le 28 janv. 09 à 00:23, Juergen Fenn a écrit :
>
>> Benoit RIVET schrieb:
>>
>>> However, I have a strange bug since installing this new version. I
>>> replaced the previous TexShop 2.18 by dragging the new version in
>>> the
>>> appropriate folder (/Application/Tex, as installed by MacTex), and
>>> since
>>> then, all .tex files show a blank icon, instead of the nice Latex
>>> icon
>>> from TexShop. This happens for any file I create with TexShop, and
>>> any
>>> file with .tex extension (unless I manually change the icon, which
>>> is
>>> not a proper workaround).
>>>
>>> It would be great if anyone has a clue as to how recover the nice
>>> icon
>>> for .tex files.
>>
>> What happens when you open Finder and select TeXShop as default
>> application for opening TeX files in the information window *for
>> all files*?
>
> Did I mention that
>
>> .tex files default application is set to TexShop
>
> This means that I did exactly what you describe once upon a long
> ago. Upon stumbling on the bug I describe, I tried and changed the
> association and set TextWrangler as the default application *for all
> files*, then back again to TexShop; to no effect. .tex files still
> show up with a blank icon.
>
> Benoît RIVET

Maybe you should reset the "Launch service" using OnyX. The same
problem happened to me some time ago and that's how I managed to solve
it. But as a side-effect you will have to redefine all your default
settings for opening files.

Hope that helps,

Franck Pastor