[OS X TeX] Question about special Footer

Dietrich, Daniel L Daniel.L.Dietrich at nasa.gov
Mon Jan 26 19:36:29 CET 2009

Hello,

I am trying to use LaTeX to prepare a manuscript for an SAE meeting.
They provide a Word template, but nothing for LaTeX.  I found a LaTeX
template prepared by someone else, but SAE has changed the format to
include a rather large footer with a graphic on the first page.  I
have tried a bit with fancyhdr, but can't get anything to work.  I am
using the sae.cls {sae} class I found.  I can't seem to get a footer
when I use this.  The text for the footer is below (with a line above
the text):

Any help is greatly appreciated

Dan

The Engineering Meetings Board has approved this paper for
publication. It has successfully completed SAE’s peer review process
under the supervision of the session organizer. This process requires
a minimum of three (3) reviews by industry experts.
All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any
means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise,
without the prior written permission of SAE.
ISSN 0148-7191
Positions and opinions advanced in this paper are those of the author
(s) and not necessarily those of SAE. The author is solely
responsible for the content of the paper.
SAE Customer Service:    Tel:   877-606-7323 (inside USA and Canada)
                          Tel:   724-776-4970 (outside USA)
                          Fax:   724-776-0790
                          Email: CustomerService at sae.org
SAE Web Address:         http://www.sae.org