[OS X TeX] Split PDF view

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Jan 26 01:00:29 CET 2009

Am 25.01.2009 um 19:04 schrieb Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD:

> How do you use doc-view? M-x doc-view doesn't do it (on Aquamacs)

You can either load or visit such a file and type C-c C-c to toggle
the file's presentation. Or use dired ...

> Hmm, well I don't know what that mode is, and M-x dired-(mode not
> available).

... a very basic mode that "just" shows you the contents of a
directory. You start it with C-x d <some path to a directory> RET.
Often the mini-buffer will offer you a default, which is $HOME, the
present working directory in *shell*, *term*, or such, or the
directory of the file you're just viewing or editing.

It's worth of reading dired and its extension dired-x. It's also of
advantage having customised  '(dired-dwim-target t) – dwim means: Do
What I Mean – then dired acts like Norton Commander. Once you know
dired you'll forget Finder!

--
Greetings

   Pete

It's not the valleys in life I dread so much as the dips.
				– Garfield