[OS X TeX] Macintouch report on TeX versus Word

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Jan 26 00:42:06 CET 2009

Am 25.01.2009 um 18:33 schrieb Santosh Ansumali:

> I  find portability and durability of latex as its biggest asset.
> What I find amazing with latex is the ease with which I can operate
> the same file over different operating system (Linux, winodws and
> OS-X).

The same is true for XeLaTeX.

> For example,
> {\pmb \nabla} is still superior to   \boldsymbol{\nabla} in terms of
> portability.  Although,  \boldsymbol{\nabla}  looks lot better but it
> refused to work on some older linux machine.

Why would you like to prefer such uncommon commands and declarations?
Simply writing �� (MATHEMATICAL BOLD NABLA at U+1D6C1) instead of
∇ (NABLA at U+2207) is much clearer ... IMO. And it saves you a lot
of time you'll have to spend reading the wrong books and documents
until you finally discover.

--
Greetings

   Pete

A morning without coffee is like something without something else.