[OS X TeX] (no subject)

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 18:50:48 CET 2009

I am reading these posts as they are coming during one of my breaks
from the magnum opus but it doesn't seem that they are coming in the
right order.

On Jan 25, 2009, at 12:12 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Jan 25, 2009, at 11:07 AM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

>>> Probably not. Therefore GNU Emacs offers this. And even more you
>>> haven't imagined or found missing yet ...
>>
>> I didn't know. Out of curiosity I will finally look up GNU Emacs.
>>
>> However, my P. S. stands if only because old dogs have trouble
>> with new tricks but also out of loyalty: I have a very strong
>> feeling that I would never had made it learning an editor on top
>> of learning LaTeX while I never felt I had to learn TeXShop.
>>
>> Regards
>> --schremmer
>
> Howdy,
>
> You might want to take a look at Aquamacs Emacs, a slightly
> ``Macified'' emacs that has AucTeX built in. Go to <http://
> aquamacs.org/> for downloads and more info. It's also part of
> MacTeXtras.
>
> Many years ago I used to use emacs under BSD Unix on PDP-10s. Loved
> it then, couldn't go back to it now.

As said in my response to Slater's response to this response to my
response … HELP

Anyway, I will look up Aquamacs Emacs instead of straight Emacs. But
my P.S. still stands.

Regards
--schremmer