[OS X TeX] (no subject)

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Jan 25 18:12:29 CET 2009

On Jan 25, 2009, at 11:07 AM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> On Jan 25, 2009, at 11:30 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:
>

>> Am 25.01.2009 um 17:23 schrieb Alain Schremmer:
>>
>>> I was wondering whether I am the only one to miss such features
>>
>> Probably not. Therefore GNU Emacs offers this. And even more you
>> haven't imagined or found missing yet ...
>
> I didn't know. Out of curiosity I will finally look up GNU Emacs.
>
> However, my P. S. stands if only because old dogs have trouble with
> new tricks but also out of loyalty: I have a very strong feeling
> that I would never had made it learning an editor on top of learning
> LaTeX while I never felt I had to learn TeXShop.
>
> Regards
> --schremmer

Howdy,

You might want to take a look at Aquamacs Emacs, a slightly
``Macified'' emacs that has AucTeX built in. Go to <http://
aquamacs.org/> for downloads and more info. It's also part of
MacTeXtras.

Many years ago I used to use emacs under BSD Unix on PDP-10s. Loved it
then, couldn't go back to it now.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)