[OS X TeX] Typesetting factor of 2 slower in Leopard

Adam M. Goldstein a.m.goldstein at mac.com
Thu Jan 22 04:02:37 CET 2009

This is odd. I have an intel mac, and typesetting is really fast, and
in any case, didn't change when I upgraded to Leopard. How are you
typesetting? With TeXShop? I wonder if you can take a minimal
document, say, a page long article, and typeset it from the command
line? That might narrow the problem down a little, at least. I have no
idea what could be causing this and am not a particularly sharp
troubleshooter with this sort of thing, but maybe that's a good place
to start.

Are the logs the same in Leopard as in Tiger? Does it seem to be doing
anything different?

mds and mdworker always seem to be doing something on my system,
sometimes not using much processing power, sometimes using lots.

-Adam

Adam M. Goldstein PhD, MSLIS
agoldstein at iona.edu
a.m.goldstein at mac.com