[OS X TeX] Typesetting factor of 2 slower in Leopard

Warren Nagourney warren at phys.washington.edu
Thu Jan 22 03:30:02 CET 2009

Unfortunately, re-installing MacTeX had no effect. It is even running
slower (but I have Mail and Activity Monitor running).

Actually, even though the spotlight "dot" is not blinking, mds and
mdworker are on and this might be what is eating up cpu cycles (I
didn't notice them before -  they were probably launched by my re-
installation). I'll wait until they finish.

Cheers,

Warren Nagourney