[OS X TeX] Macintouch report on TeX versus Word

David B. Thompson, Ph.D., P.E., D.WRE, CFM drdbthompson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 16:02:21 CET 2009

On Jan 19, 2009, at 13:30 , Arthur Snoke wrote:

> Some institutions require Arial font, which makes it difficult (for
> me) to prepare documents in latex.

That is true. Our official font is Arial where I work. I cheat and use
CM Bright, which is sanserif and most people can't tell the
difference. My boss is so happy to have a hydrologist on staff that he
puts up with my funky tools.

If I absolutely had to use Arial, I'd learn to use XeTeX. (Love the
palindrome for free!) I think it can do it.

-=d