[OS X TeX] Package incompatability?

Jim Reeds reeds at idaccr.org
Tue Jan 20 01:07:21 CET 2009

Peter,

You are right, the 'book'  is better for book than
the 'report' class.  But that doesn't explain why mparhack,
crop, and makeidx don't work together.

Section 2.5 of the  crop.pdf document shown by 'texdoc crop',
by Melchior Franz, 20 May 2003, says to disable the driver options
in geometry when using the crop package.

But, just to check, when I put this stuff in a file 'foo.tex':

\documentclass{book}
\usepackage{geometry}
\geometry{top=1in,width=32pc,lines=50,papersize={7in,10in},bindingoffset=.25in,hmarginratio=1:1}

\usepackage[cross,font=textsf,center,letter]{crop}
\usepackage{mparhack}
\usepackage{makeidx}

\makeindex
\begin{document}
fee\index{fee}
figh\index{fi}
foe\index{fo}

\printindex
\end{document}

and run 'pdflatex foo; makeindex foo; pdflatex foo'
I get an error, just as before.

If I comment out the mparhack line,
or if I stick in a '\crop[off]' before the \printindex line,
the error goes away.

--
Jim Reeds       reeds at idaccr.org        +1 609 279 6362