[OS X TeX] What Is New in LATEX?

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 19:56:44 CET 2009

On Jan 16, 2009, at 1:43 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Jan 16, 2009, at 12:06 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

>> This gives me the occasion to ask about something I truly dislike,
>> namely that, after a list, the next paragraph is indented which
>> makes it look as somehow part of the previous paragraph inasmuch
>> as it looks as some kind of "intertext" in the list.

> Howdy,
>
> I'll bet you're leaving blank line after the environment. LaTeX
> interprets this an end of paragraph so its starts a new paragraph
> with normal indentation. If you don't leave a blank line the line
> acts as though it isn't a new paragraph; i.e., there is no
> indentation.

I am not "into" typesetting and so I can't tell what Grätzer
intended. But to my eye, the top half of the second column in his
article bothers me because it looks as if there were a single list of
seven items with an "interitem" between the third and the fourth item
while I think that what he intended was two paragraphs, the first
with a three items list and the second with a four items list.

Regards
--schremmer