[OS X TeX] Lab Manual

david craig dac at panix.com
Tue Jan 13 00:15:24 CET 2009

I have a long laboratory manual currently set in memoir.   The plethora
of memoir's options befuddle me, I admit.

I have two problems/questions:

# 1:
The manual's labs are the chapters.   I have tried various
easily-breakable kludges to make sure that the chapters always begin on
the right-hand side of the "book" so that labs may be removed from the
manual as individual units.   My kludges reliably fail me.

What is the PROPER way to make sure that chapters always begin on the
right side of the page layout?

#2:
I would like to add a cover to the manual.   I have an image I would
like to fill the page, and want to set some cover text over it.   (If I
must, I suppose I could add the text in an image editor.)

How do I include the cover as part of the book/manual -- followed by a
blank page (inside the cover, that is -- or not blank, as the case may
be), then the title page, then a blank page (back of title page), the
toc (on the right side), and then the rest of the book.

A back cover would be gravy.

Thanks,
David Craig

<http://www.panix.com/~dac/>