[OS X TeX] [ANN] TeX Live Utility 0.6

Peter Vamos P.Vamos at exeter.ac.uk
Mon Jan 12 12:40:38 CET 2009

Very nice and useful, thank you. Worked flawlessly on one of my
machines. On my second machine it gave me a drop down dialog saying

Critical updates available.

340 packages are available for update, but the TeX Live installer
packages listed here must be updated first.  Update now?

However, clicking on the Update button did nothing, neither is the
Cancel button working, in fact I cannot get rid of this dialog at
all. Console output below.

12/01/2009 11:22:52 TeX Live Utility[257] Invalid parameter not
satisfying: location
12/01/2009 11:28:34 TeX Live Utility[299] *** Assertion failure in
-[TLMInfraUpdateOperation initWithLocation:],
/Volumes/Local/Users/amaxwell/build/mactlmgr/TLMInfraUpdateOperation.m:71

So what to do next? use the terminal version?

One other minor thing: the Get Info panel for this utility doesn't
show the version number.

Thanks  Peter