[OS X TeX] OgreKit does not reactivate the file it just worked on

cfrees at imapmail.org cfrees at imapmail.org
Sat Jan 10 00:23:36 CET 2009

On Fri 9th Jan, 2009 at 17:14, Alain Schremmer seems to have written:

> 0. Click on the top file (in case file 1 is not yet active),
>
> 1. Click Find
> 2. Click Replace
> 3. Click on the top file (to reactivate file 1),
> 4. Command S
> 5. Command W
>
> Now file 2 is automatically on top and active.
>
> 1. Click Find
> etc
>
> Step 3 is the rhythm breaker and is needed because, after the search and
> replace, OgreKit does not reactivate the file it just did the search and
> replace on.
>
> At least in my case, such automatic reactivation would make much sense.
>
> What does the people think?
> Should that be a suggestion to the powers who are?

It would be less convenient for me to have the document refocused than
the search window (as happens at the moment). I'm much more likely to
want to run a series of find/replace tasks on one or two files than to
run the same find/replace task on a series of files. In the latter
case, I wouldn't use TeXShop anyway. But I'd be in Terminal which
obviously isn't your favourite haunt. :)

- cfr