[OS X TeX] OgreKit does not reactivate the file it just worked on

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 23:14:41 CET 2009

My "QuestionBase" is now built from a single template of which I
"just" fill-in copies. But, occasionally, I think of an improvement
in the template and, in order to keep things in line, I have to make
the change in very many already filled-in copies of the template.

Obviously, this should be a matter for Applescript but is far beyond
my admittedly very low capabilities in that regard. So, what I do is
open, say, 20 or 30 or these copies at a time (I am afraid of TeXShop
conking out on me), and:

0. Click on the top file (in case file 1 is not yet active),

1. Click Find
2. Click Replace
3. Click on the top file (to reactivate file 1),
4. Command S
5. Command W

Now file 2 is automatically on top and active.

1. Click Find
etc

Step 3 is the rhythm breaker and is needed because, after the search
and replace, OgreKit does not reactivate the file it just did the
search and replace on.

At least in my case, such automatic reactivation would make much sense.

What does the people think?
Should that be a suggestion to the powers who are?

Curious regards
--schremmer