[OS X TeX] [ANN] TeX Live Utility 0.5

Maxwell, Adam R adam.maxwell at pnl.gov
Thu Jan 8 23:07:21 CET 2009

On 01/08/09 13:56, "Axel E. Retif" <axel.retif at mac.com> wrote:

> On  8 Jan, 2009, at 11:13, Maxwell, Adam R wrote:
>
>> On 01/07/09 22:10, "Axel E. Retif" <axel.retif at mac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Anyway, it is then a mystery to me why TLU sent said error in the
>>> laptop but the command line worked fine in the desktop.
>>
>> TLU does the moral equivalent of sudo -H by default, and you didn't
>> use -H on the command line.  Wouldn't that explain it?
>
> ??? Well..., yes ---that's what I meant originally when I said ``I
> guess you call updmap-sys with -H...''. Obviously I didn't know how to
> express it correctly.

I think I didn't express myself clearly enough in a previous reply.  Sorry
about that.

I was trying to make it clear that `sudo -H` is not actually being invoked
as a shell command, and that TLU is only running tlmgr (so any
updmap/updmap-sys commands are run by tlmgr).

> If ---or rather, when--- I move my fonts to texmf-local, I'll be able
> to use your very nice TLU; I like the message panel very much.

If you uncheck the "Install updates for all users" box in TLU preferences,
it has the same effect as omitting the -H option with sudo (the same command
you ran on your desktop).  Does that allow you to use it TLU as-is?  Sorry
if I'm being obtuse here...

--
Adam