[OS X TeX] this list in RSS?

Andrei Sobolevskii ansobol at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 15:52:38 CET 2009

Dear all,

Sorry for a bit of a meta-question.  Over the last day or two, I am
trying to convert my list subscriptions to RSS and in the process have
found an interesting thing about the macosx-tex mailing list.

Since April 2004 the list has been mirrored at Gmane
(http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.macosx), a web service providing
a convenient RSS access to mailing lists.  However, as seen from the
above web page, the mirroring has stopped on 12 November 2008.  Was it
on request from moderators, or is it a mere technical incident that
went unnoticed because nobody has been using Gmane here?

In the latter case it would be nice at least to resume mirroring, and
ideally to import the missing list messages to Gmane so that the
archive there stays uninterrupted.  I'd be willing to get in touch
with Gmane concerning this, provided that the list moderators support
the initiative.

Alternatively, if any of the fellow subscribers has a working RSS
subscription other than Gmane, please share your way of setting it up.
 And conversely, if the Gmane route works and anybody is interested, I
could e.g. write a howto for the MacTeX wiki.

Best regards (and late season greetings),
Andrei