[OS X TeX] [pdftk] MacOS Roman -> Western ISO Latin 9

cfrees at imapmail.org cfrees at imapmail.org
Sun Jan 4 21:21:49 CET 2009

On Sun 4th Jan, 2009 at 12:13, Adam R. Maxwell seems to have written:

> On Jan 4, 2009, at 12:02 PM, cfrees at imapmail.org wrote:
>
>> The @ is in the wrong place to be a
>> link. I'm just very, very used to associating @ with symbolic link (and
>> nothing else).
>>
>> And it does depend on your configuration. With my setup, ls would give
>> me:
>> tlmgr@
>> and ls -l would give me:
>> lrwx.... 13:40... tlmgr@ -> ../../texmf/...
>>
>> (Just to point out that I'm not completely imagining things here!)
>
> You appear to have aliased ls to `ls -F`.

Exactly.

> That option does associate an @
> with a symlink, but it's after the filename, not the mode bits.  So I can see
> how that might be confusing, after all.

Yes. If I was on Leopard, I would probably reconsider. Since I'm not,
it isn't usually confusing - this is the first time I've come across @
being used for anything else so I just wasn't thinking about other
possibilities. (Though I probably should have on general grounds given
the number of people interpreting it otherwise but that only occurs to
me in retrospect...)

Apologies for confusing things/being confused/etc...

- cfr