[OS X TeX] [ANN] TeX Live Utility 0.5

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Sun Jan 4 19:22:36 CET 2009

On Jan 4, 2009, at 7:14 PM, Daniel Becker wrote:

> in the tlu-window:
>
> 2009-01-04 19:08:30 +0100 Notice -[TLMPreferenceController
> _canConnectToDefaultServer][1184]	no data from ftp://ftp.dante.de/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008/

This tells me that after 30 seconds, no data was received from that
URL.  I guess I can give the option to ignore the alert.

The basic idea is to make sure the full URL is valid, because of the
problem you encountered last time.  The only way to do that is to
actually try and download the directory listing and check for an HTTP
200 response or nonzero data length for ftp.

--
Adam