Re: Documentation (was Re: [OS X TeX] Kanbun (漢文) and French...)

Jean-Claude DE SOZA jeanclaudedesoza at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jan 4 18:51:39 CET 2009

Dear members,

I second Martin. It is simple to write French language with TeX as I
explained at the beginning of this thread.
I don't understand why Jean-Christophe Helary says there is no French
introduction to LaTeX.
The LaTeX Companion, 2nd Edition was translated in French two years
ago. And LaTeX : apprentissage, guide et référence par Bernard
Desgraupes aux Éditions Vuibert is excellent and has been re-edited
many years ago too.

Le 4 janv. 09 à 18:32, Martin Costabel a écrit :

> The encoding you choose in TeXShop or whatever editor you use must,
> of course, correspond to the option for the inputenc package. If you
> write in unicode, choose utf8, if you write in macosroman, choose
> applemac, and if you write in isolatin1, choose latin1.
>
> --
> Martin

Jean-Claude DE SOZA