Re: Documentation (was Re: [OS X TeX] Kanbun (漢文) and French...)

Jean-Christophe Helary fusion at mx6.tiki.ne.jp
Sun Jan 4 18:31:17 CET 2009

On lundi 05 janv. 09, at 02:17, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> How about a couple of great reference books: Kopka and Daly, ``Guide
> to laTeX,'' 4th Edition and Mittlebach, Goosens, etc., `` The LaTeX
> Companion,'' 2nd Edition. The first is a wonderful introduction to
> LaTeX with all sorts of general information. The second is a huge
> compendium of information on customizing LaTeX as well and using
> many packages with LaTeX.
>
> XeLaTeX is very new and therefore not all that well documented.
> Hopefully that will change over time. The only (limited)
> documentation I know of is ``The XeTeX Companion'' edited by Michel
> Goosens. It can be obtained as <http://cern.ch/XML/lgc2/
> xetexmain.pdf>. I warn you ahead of time that it is a work in
> progress and incomplete although it is a good start.

I am sorry, none of those books appeared on my radar when I search for
"latex introduction français" or even "latex introduction french". And
none of the documents I found gave me explicit and/or valid
information regarding the display of French characters using LateX.

Believe me or not.

Jean-Christophe Helary