[OS X TeX] OT: Little Snitch

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Thu Jan 1 19:48:34 CET 2009

On 01.01.2009, at 19:45, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Jan 1, 2009, at 12:27 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>

>> On Jan 1, 2009, at 11:44 AM, Robert Bruner wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Little Snitch users,
>>>
>>> I found your comments about Little Snitch interesting, so tried it
>>> out (version 2_0_4).  Wasn't so sure i wanted to run it, so tried
>>> simply
>>> killing the 4 processes it seemed to have launched, but even my
>>> administrative user acct didn't have sufficient permissions, and I
>>> didn't
>>> want to enable real root access just for this, so looked at Little
>>> Snitch's
>>> Config/Install and asked it to Uninstall.  All seemed to go well,
>>> but
>>> I am now unable to go online with Skype (I tell it to go online and
>>> nothing happens - no error message but I am also not put online).
>>>
>>> Similarly, Mail seems to be blocking content that would have been
>>> visible
>>> before.
>>>
>>> If those of you who have experience with little snitch can help me
>>> rectify
>>> these lingering effects I'd be most grateful.
>>>
>>> Bob Bruner
>>>

>> Howdy,
>>
>> I'm still using Little Snitch but just noticed that Skype isn't
>> going online when I start it up. I'm not seeing any problems with
>> Mail. I'd rather be able to adjust the rules correctly than un-
>> install. Incidentally, I had no problems that I know of util I
>> updated to 10.5.6; what OS version are you using?
>>
>> Good Luck,
>>
>> Herb Schulz
>> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)
>

> Howdy,
>
> Well, I went to the Skype site, logged into my account and suddenly
> I could make Skype go online.
>
> For now, though, I've turned Little Snitch off but am not
> uninstalling it. I do believe that 10.5.6 is part of the problem.

I run on LS on 10.5.6 and don't see any problems with Mail, Skype or
any other app.

simon

--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

„If there's one thing I've learned, it's that life is one crushing
defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.“ Homer
Simpson