[OS X TeX] line-endings; Was: wrapping in TeXShop

David B. Thompson, Ph.D., P.E., D.WRE, CFM drdbthompson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 17:23:15 CET 2009

On Jan 1, 2009, at 07:37 , M. Tamer Özsu wrote:

> Thank you David. At this stage, I am not sure about my prospects in
> forcing a change in the behavior of the co-authors since I am
> definitely in the minority in using a Mac (or any version of Unix).

I understand the frustration completely! I thought I might attract one
more of the team members to come to the dark side, where the true
power is, but have been unsuccessful. My experience is what lead to my
suggestion that your coauthors might look at PFE to make the line-
ending changes (and perhaps hard-wraps too). I just checked the 'net,
and the site is http://www.lancs.ac.uk/staff/steveb/cpaap/pfe/. The
program is no longer supported, but I know it's still used. You
shouldn't have to carry all the water!

Nonetheless, all the best on this endeavor. Collaborative projects are
always challenging and I'm still trying to work out the best way to
handle them. I'm thinking that a subversion repository for shared
LaTeX source is looking better all the time. It would make versioning
nearly trivial and provide an off-site storage location should the
worst possible case occur. But, that's another thread. :)

Good luck!

-=d