[OS X TeX] latin modern fonts problem

Doug Marmion douglas.marmion at anu.edu.au
Thu Feb 26 10:35:10 CET 2009

On 26/02/2009, at 18:56 , Franck Pastor wrote:

> Le 26 févr. 09 à 03:16, Doug Marmion a écrit :
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm running the latest carbon emacs and have installed MacTeX from
>> the latest TeX Collection DVD, but I'm having problems running
>> pdfLaTeX. When I compile my document it ends with the following
>> error:
>>
>> --
>> kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+0/600 --dpi
>> 600 lmmi10
>> mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for lmmi10.
>> kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
>> (see the transcript file for additional information)
>> !pdfTeX error: pdflatex (file lmmi10): Font lmmi10 at 600 not found
>> ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
>>
>> LaTeX exited abnormally with code 70 at Thu Feb 26 13:03:26
>> --
>>
>> It seems the problem could be the Latin Modern fonts, or at least
>> some of them -- are they not compatible with PDFLaTeX? I can't work
>> out what character  'lmmi10' is to create a minimal example.
>
> Are you sure your are running MacTeX? Have you not another TeX
> Distribution that Carbon Emacs would run instead of MacTeX?--------

Yes, pretty sure, I checked 'TeX Macro Global' to make sure it was
using TeXlive and not teTeX. I did have trouble with that though, I've
found I have to launch from Terminal to get emacs to use the correct
path.

Anyway, the problem has gone away since I deleted the .aux file, so
maybe it was something hanging over from running the other distribution.

Cheers,
doug