[OS X TeX] Style File or Example of a 'Smallish' Book

Luis Sequeira lfsequeira at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 12:55:24 CET 2009

> Dear Experts,
>
> I have interest in producing a 'smallish' booklet for my students on
> some material.  I wish to prepare a booklet of size, say, 3"X5" (or
> there about) with ~100 pages that could be carried in pocket.
>
> Does anyone have advice?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Iraj.

There is a marvelous and free utility called CocoaBooklet that can
make booklets from your files, taking in consideration where pages end
up when you make a booklet.
My standard procedure is to make the original much the same way as I
would for a regular A4  paper (that might be letter paper, for those
on the other side of the Atlantic).
Just consider that you may want to choose a slightly larger font size.

Then let CocoaBooklet produce a pdf booklet of the appropriate (say,
A5 ou A6) size, reordering the pages so that, when you fold,
everything will be as it should: for example, a 4 page A5 booklet is
made
as a 2 page A4, where pages 1 and 4 go on one side, and pages 2 and 3
on the other (I think you get the point).

CocoaBooklet (or an alias to it) can even be placed in ~/Library/PDF
Services, so can just "print" to booklet format from your normal print
dialog (just click the PDF button and choose "Make booklet" :-))

Luis Sequeira