[OS X TeX] Re: request for kpathsea header files to be optionally included in distro

John Owens john_owens at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 16 17:45:32 CET 2009

Richard Koch <koch at ...> writes:

MacTeX installs the standard TeX Live, without any modifications. You
> can get the headers and sources for TeX Live from
>
> 	http://www.tug.org/texlive/svn
>
> Note that you don't need to use svn to get the sources, as explained
> on this tug page.

OK. Seems like the best thing I can do, then, is just to fetch the
headers I need (svn is fine with me). This seems like a good compromise.

> I don't think putting sources or headers in the MacTeX package would
> be a good idea. It would produce a larger download for users who
> obtain the package over the web, and possibly introduce a new decision
> when they install (namely: "do you also want to install sources").

Super-cool "secret" expert mode? :) (Or a tlmgr option to fetch them
after the fact would probably be more useful.)

JDO