[OS X TeX] Extraneous text with \includegraphics

Rob Preuss rpreuss at bbn.com
Sun Feb 15 20:38:26 CET 2009

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm baffled.

Whenever I include a PDF figure with code such as

\begin{figure}[t]
\begin{center}
\includegraphics{Fig1}
\caption{My Figure}\label{fig:one}
\end{center}
\end{figure}

Latex prints the text "-80pt-" above the figure
and the text "80pt" to the left of the figure.

The figure was created using Preview to convert
and then crop a postscript file. If I omit the
line "\includegraphics{Fig1}" I do not get this
extra text, but I also don't get the figure.

Help?

Rob

MacOS 10.5.6, Preview 4.1 (469.4), MacTeX-2008, Intel