[OS X TeX] Lucida again

David B. Thompson, Ph.D., P.E., D.WRE, CFM drdbthompson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 21:56:42 CET 2009

On Feb 11, 2009, at 12:45, George Gratzer wrote:

> And how fast. Since I am not working within invisible folders with
> permission problems, I just dragged the Lucida folder's content into
> the new texmf folder, did the sudo, and pronto.

I keep all of my local modifications in this directory since I learned
that it was read by MacTeX. It's a marvelous tool.

I expanded the idea by using a symlink from that location to a
directory on my external drive (portable) that I carry to work and
back. I use my desktop at home and my notebook at the office. I have
only one local tree to maintain using this trick.

 From the terminal:

thompson$ ls -l
lrwxr-xr-x    1 thompson  thompson        25 Nov  3 08:53 texmf -> /
Volumes/Documents/texmf/
-rw-r--r--    1 thompson  thompson  13247792 Oct 29 08:57 texmf.zip

I made a backup of my local tree, I see. That can be deleted now that
everything is working. (Fossils!) /Volumnes/Documents is the drive
that follows me everywhere. (One of two -- the other is my SuperDuper!
backup for my notebook.)

> I do update the clone daily, but I assume that I also export the
> corruptions...

I worry about this too. I considered a hierarchy of clones on several
drives, but decided I was being paranoid. (Are they really out to get
me???? ;)

Best...

-=d