[OS X TeX] TeX Live Utility - textmf-local

Vic Norton vic at norton.name
Mon Feb 9 16:53:38 CET 2009

"Update All" from TeX Live Utility cannot find "lucida.map":

2009-02-08 21:48:57 -0500 Error tlmgr_cwrapper[8379]
	!!! ERROR! The map file `lucida.map' has not been found at all.

	Either put this file into the right place or remove the
	reference from the configuration file. An automatic way
	to disable unavailable map files is to call
	updmap --syncwithtrees

	For manual editing, call
	updmap --edit

I suppose "lucida.map" should be in
    /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts
but this folder is essentially empty (a folder of empty folders)
on my sysyem. However my lucida does work. The map file is
    ~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/lucida.map
I also have mtpro2 fonts in </Users/vic/Library/texmf/fonts>.

Questions.
1. Is there any way I can tell Tex Live Utility to look for
    "lucida.map" and "mtpro2.map" in
       ~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/ ?
2. Is there any way I can get Tex Live Utility to continue
    without finding these map files?
3. If I did run "updmap --syncwithtrees" would it mess up my
    system as it is now configured?
4. What could I do with "updmap --edit"?

I plan to get a new iMac in the not too distant future. I'll try to
install lucida and mtpro2 in
    /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/
then. My main concern now is messing up a working system. I would
like to use TeX Live Utility, but it doesn't seem to recognize my
system as it is now configured.

Regards,

Vic