[OS X TeX] Re: A suggestion for TeX Live utility

Juan Luis Varona jvarona at unirioja.es
Mon Feb 9 02:20:21 CET 2009

Dear Tim and Adam,

Thanks a lot for your answers.

The solution with texdoc works very well.
Unfortunately, it is not useful for 99% mactex users
that do not know what is the terminal. For them,
a GUI interface will be much more useful.
(Perhaps a menu item in TeXShop that uses texdoc will
be useful)

In my university, I sometimes teach elementary tex for students
of mathematics. And most of them hate the terminal.

Selecting the "Manage Packages" tab in TeX Live utility
But this method does not work without internet.
The help is in the hard disk, so it will be better to find it
in the own hard disk.

Thanks,

Juan Luis