[OS X TeX] Lucida

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Wed Feb 4 09:30:48 CET 2009

On  4 Feb, 2009, at 01:13, George Gratzer wrote:

> Now I did
>
> sudo texhash
>
> then
>
> sudo updmap-sys --enable Map lucida.map
>
> In the console:
>
> Package epstopdf Warning: Graphics driver file `pdftex.def' not
> loaded.

I found this 2006 reply by Morten Høgholm:
---------
> Package epstopdf Warning: Graphics driver file `pdftex.def' not
> loaded.

epstopdf correctly discovers that you have not loaded the pdftex
graphics driver and so will probably not work
----------

I thought graphicx no longer required you to specify the driver, but
anyway I use

\usepackage[pdftex]{graphicx}
\usepackage{epstopdf}
\epstopdfsetup{update,prepend}

(see /usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/doc/latex/oberdiek/
epstopdf.pdf ).

> ) (./NoticesIV.aux)
> (/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/ts1cmr.fd)
> No file LMRhlcm.fd.
>
> ! LaTeX Error: This NFSS system isn't set up properly.

I have my Lucida setup in ~/Library/texmf, and lmrhlcm.fd in

/Users/axretif/Library/texmf/tex/latex/lucidabr/lmrhlcm.fd

Do you have yours in

/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/latex/lucidabr/ ?

> [...]

> george-gratzers-mac-pro:~ gratzer$ sudo updmap-sys --enable Map
> lucida.map
> updmap: This is updmap, version 1211742332
> updmap: using transcript file `/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-var/
> web2c/updmap.log'
> updmap: initial config file is `/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-config/
> web2c/updmap.cfg'
> updmap: configuration (updmap.cfg) unchanged. Map files will not be
> recreated.

It seems updmap considers lucida.map has been properly updated.

Best,

Axel