[OS X TeX] Re: the console in TeXShop 2.20

Robert Bruner rrb at math.wayne.edu
Tue Feb 3 21:37:44 CET 2009

> 1) If I have the console window in front of the typeset window, and in
> the source window I command-click some character, the typeset window
> jumps to the specified location (well, to the page where it is; the
> precise location appears circled in red, but may not appear inside the
> window), BUT the console window remains in front of it! I don't know
> whether this is a bug, anyway I find this strange.

This is strange for Mac OS X, but expected in the Solaris/Linux systems
I have used.  It is exceedingly irritating to me that the window in
which I am typing MUST be in front of all others:  there are many times
when I am typing in only a small fraction of that window and would be
happy to have most of it obscured by whatI am reading while typing.

I don't know if this is related to TeXShop's behavior or not.

Bob Bruner

  --- Theory and practice are the same, in theory, but, in practice,
      they are different.