[OS X TeX] ^ completion

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Dec 31 20:00:11 CET 2009

On Dec 31, 2009, at 12:10 PM, <facenda at us.es> wrote:

> Hi all
> I have installed TexShop 2.29 and I have a problem with autocompletion.
> When I write in my file ^ I obtain ^^{} that is, two simbols ^ with the cursor between the brackets. I have to delete the additional ^ symbol. However, the subindex completion works well, when I type _ I obtain _{cursor here}.
> Any hints to solve this problem would be appreciated.
> Thanks in advance

Howdy,

What localization are you using? Did you ever edit ~/Library/TeXShop/Keyboard/autocompletion.plist?

Try moving the ~/Library/TeXShop/Keyboard/ folder to your Desktop and restarting TeXShop. This will create a new version of the Keyboard folder with a default autocompletion.plist file.

Otherwise you'll have to edit that file. Make sure it's opened and saved as UTF-8!!!! Look for the lines

	<key>^</key>
	<string>^{#SEL##INS#}</string>

and make sure there is only a single ^ in the second line.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)