[OS X TeX] Font problem

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Dec 9 23:57:05 CET 2009

On Dec 9, 2009, at 4:50 PM, Michael Sharpe wrote:

> On Dec 9, 2009, at 2:33 PM, Peter Pagin wrote:
>
>> /Users/pp
>> agin/.texlive2009/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map
> Hi Peter,
>
> This segment of the console file shows that it is picking up the font map file pdftex.map from your personal folder, not the system folder, which means you must have run updmap at some time after installing mactex 2009 and before trying  sudo updmap-sys. I'd suggest deleting the personal map files if you don't intend to make use of anything but those in the system.
>
> In Terminal,
>
> rm /Users/.texxlive2009/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/*.map
> rm /Users/.texxlive2009/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/*.map
> rm /Users/.texxlive2009/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvipdfm/updmap/*.map
>
> After that, LaTeX should pick up the system version of pdftex.map. It's not good news about getting permission denied errors while running sudo [-H] updmap-sys, but that's another issue.
>
> Michael

Howdy,

Good observation! That should be

rm -r ~/.texlive2009

and if that gives permission denied (a symptom of using `sudo updmap' rather than `sudo updmap-sys') you need

suod rm -r ~/.texlive2009

since root will own the ~/.texlive2009 directory.

The ~/.texlive2009 directory will be recreated if needed so no worry.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)