[OS X TeX] Font problem

Peter Pagin peter.pagin at philosophy.su.se
Wed Dec 9 21:31:48 CET 2009

Thanks Herb,
I did install the complete MacTeX-2009, and I have run

	sudo updmap-sys

as well as

	sudo updmap-sys --syncwithtrees

Both the fourier-ms.tfm and the fourier-ms.pfb files are in the corresponding locations in my 2009 tree.

Peter

On 9 dec 2009, at 21.12, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Dec 9, 2009, at 1:39 PM, Peter Pagin wrote:
>
>> Hello list,
>> I have run into a problem using the fourier font package with TeXLive 2009. The file typesets fine with TeXLive 2008, but using the 2009 distribution, I get the following message
>>

>> ---------------------------------
>>
>> 27] (./vagdom3.aux)
>> kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 0+331/600 --dpi 331 fourier-ms
>> mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for fourier-ms.
>> /usr/texbin/mktexpk: line 266: /bin/rm: Permission denied
>> kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
>> )
>> (see the transcript file for additional information)pdfTeX warning (dest): name
>> {resc} has been referenced but does not exist, replaced by a fixed one
>>
>> ---------------------------------
>>
>> There is then a fatal error.
>>
>> The font files seem to be where they should. I have tried updmas-sys (also with --syncwithtrees), but see no change in the typesetting. Several other font packages show similar behavior. It does work with Computer Modern and with Times, for instance.
>>
>> Any suggestion?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Peter
>
> Howdy,
>
> This seems strange... Did you install the complete MacTeX(TeX Live)-2009 or the Basic distribution?
>
> You shouldn't need to but the command you'd need is
>
> sudo updmap-sys
>
> not just
>
> updmap-sys
>
> same with the --syncwithtrees option.
>
> The tfm file shoul be
>
> /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/fonts/tfm/public/fourier/fourier-ms.tfm
>
> and the pfb file
>
> /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/fourier/fourier-ms.pfb
>
> which is where it is on my MacTeX(TeX Live)-2009 distribution.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

> List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Peter Pagin
Professor
Department of Philosophy, Stockholm University
106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
tel: +46-8-162813, fax: +46-8-152226
email: peter.pagin at philosophy.su.se
http://people.su.se/~ppagin/pagineng.htm