[OS X TeX] font cache bug

David Messerschmitt messer at eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Dec 4 07:42:59 CET 2009

No, not that I am aware. I have never consciously set it up this way.
Is there a way to tell? I have the same issues with both a Macbook Pro
and a Mac Pro.

-dave

On Dec 3, 2009, at 9:43 PM, David Watson wrote:

> On Dec 3, 2009, at 11:04 PM, David Messerschmitt wrote:
>

>> Yes, have tried all that. I am aware that texshop is not the direct
>> source of the problem, but I do not see it in preview (or adobe of
>> course), just the texshop previewer. All I can figure is that
>> texshop is invoking the font cache demons more consistently than
>> Preview for some weird reason. Anyway, hoping for an improvement
>> with 2009. Wish I had never installed Office 2008 -- which I blame
>> as the source of all problems.
>>
>> -dave
>
> By any chance, are you using a case-sensitive file system?

> List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

David Messerschmitt
Roger Strauch Professor Emeritus
Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences
University of Californa at Berkeley
     and
Visiting Professor
Helsinki University of Technology