[OS X TeX] 64-bit binaries in TeXLive 2010

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Thu Dec 3 22:49:28 CET 2009

I do not agree. Strongly.

I have both Intel and PPC Macs and there is not a noticeable difference in
performance, but the PPC Mac I use is a G5 dual processor with substantial
RAM.

There is no reason to believe that this machine will not continue to perform
as well as it does now. Grandfathering it so soon after 10.6 was released I do
not believe is a suitable solution. I would suggest that at this time there
are no more people using 64-bit systems than there are using 32-bit, and
indeed there may be fewer.

Alan

--
Alan Litchfield MBus (Hons), MNZCS