[OS X TeX] New iMac

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Dec 2 22:22:22 CET 2009

Am 02.12.2009 um 20:14 schrieb Herbert Schulz:

> I'm still amazed by my system after having the last 15" PowerBook
> before going Intel.

Herb,

if you can, try to borrow! Maybe next summer, maybe earlier, you might
be able to buy a portable Mac with four cores. And in this new CPU a
single core, when no other core is needed for computations and has
been switched off to avoid overheating, can raise the CPU's frequency
so that this single core shows extreme performance. This is a new
design compared to the recent Core 2 Duo CPUs which are slower than
single-core CPUs.

Maybe Berend and George have one of these... (not that portable iMacs)

--
Greetings

   Pete

Atheism is a non prophet organization.