[OS X TeX] Beamer and MacTeX 2008

Joshua Smith jhs0807 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 00:36:07 CEST 2009

On Aug 30, 2009, at 6:25 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Aug 30, 2009, at 5:14 PM, Joshua Smith wrote:

>> (/Volumes/Files/Library/texmf/tex/latex/pgf/basiclayer/pgfcore.sty
>

> Howdy,
>
> I assume you've got you personal Library linked to an external
> drive. But why do I see so many files being read from there? How
> should I know if those files are compatible with the beamer version?

I have my home directory set to be /Volume/Files, a second partition
of my internal hard drive.  I have installed the latest version of pgf/
TikZ into ~/Library/texmf, and it should be compatible with the latest
version of beamer.

I am following Pete's suggestions (in a separate response email), and
reinstalling MacTeX.  Hopefully that will cure my problem.

Thanks,
Josh