[OS X TeX] Re: [pstricks] Combining PSTricks and Metapost

David Arnold dwarnold45 at suddenlink.net
Sun Aug 30 18:20:13 CEST 2009

Herbert,

We have a workaround. It may not be optimal, but it works for us. What
we did was download Fontmap.cmr.

http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/fonts/cm/ps-type1/contrib/Fontmap.cmr

We dropped this file in:

/usr/local/share/ghostscript/8.63/lib/

In that same directory, we adjusted the file Fontmap to read:

%!
% See Fontmap.GS for the syntax of real Fontmap files.
%% Replace 1 (Fontmap.GS)
(Fontmap.GS) .runlibfile
(Fontmap.cmr) .runlibfile

We then adjusted our bash shell, adding this line:

export GS_LIB=/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/bluesky/cm/

And now OTlatex.pl will compile fonttest2.tex as it should. The
correct font and minus sign show up in fonttest2-pics.pdf and
fonttest2.pdf.

I've attached the source file and script again if you want to give it
a try.