[OS X TeX] TeXLive and Snow Leopard (TeX-distribution preference pane)

Jean-Claude DE SOZA jeanclaudedesoza at wanadoo.fr
Thu Aug 27 12:53:44 CEST 2009

Le 27 août 09 à 12:13, Rolf Schmolling a écrit :

> according to MacWorld (http://www.macworld.com/article/142423-2/2009/08/snow_leopard_review.html
> ) non-64-bit preference-panes (like the TeX-distribution-preference-
> pane) force a re-opening of System-Preferences-App in 32-bit every
> time one wants to open that particular pref-item. Workaround is
> running System Preferences in 32-bit only.
>
> Is there a 64-bit version of TeX-Distribution-Pref-item around or in
> the make?

Bonjour Rolf,

If you download the MacTeX-2009 (see previous posts from Richard Koch)
and install it for testing, you'll find that the PreferencePane
Distribution TeX is already 64 bits.
I am testing TeXLive 2009 since one month and thanks to the TeX Live
Utility from Adam Maxwell (version 0.74), you can update the TeX
engine almost every day and I had no problem.
I can also tell you that MacTeX-2009 has no problem when installed on
Snow Leopard.

Jean-Claude DE SOZA