[OS X TeX] All TeX files are locked!

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Sun Aug 2 16:00:20 CEST 2009

On 02-08-2009, at 15:34, André Bellaïche wrote:

> For people interested:
>
> It seems that Richard Koch have found a way of solving the problem.
> Let us say, half by chance.
>
> Compress all the files from some failing directory into one archive
> (using the compress utility of the File menu). Delete all the files
> of the directory (you have to give your password), then transfer
> back the files from the archive to the directory.

I am not a Unix guru.
Could it be that your troubles stem from the problem described here

http://wishthatiknew.wordpress.com/2008/05/09/leopards-get-info-permissions-flaw/

An excerpt from the summary (halfway down the page):

(just done chmod -R -N /data to delete the ACLs on the dir that were
passed down from the root dir after I created it to actually give
myself the access to the /data dir that the permission modes said I had)

Maybe a real unix guru can provide some enlightenment and give advice
on a solution.

Berend