[OS X TeX] Rename LaTeXiT.app for utf8

Kuniaki Mukai mukai at sfc.keio.ac.jp
Mon Apr 13 16:22:40 CEST 2009


I  happened to find a way to use LaTeXiT with 
platex and dvipdfmx, which were installed with MacPorts
under /opt/local/bin.  I renamed the application name by typing in terminal

%  sudo mv  /Applications/LeTeXiT.app  /Applications/LaTeXiT\ .app 

I don't remember why I did so. Strange enough, after that
Japanse text are handled properly.

I can not explain at all why this 
renaming,   which seems to be irrelevant of the function
makes LaTeXiT work with wide characters. 
I discovered this by accident.

In spite of making search for related information 
on the net, I could not find any relevant information.
I am feeling now that my life is something ad hoc.

LaTeXiT 1.5 and 1.6, 
Leopard (10.5.6),
Primary Language is set to Japanese.

Kuniaki  Mukai

More information about the macostex-archives mailing list