[OS X TeX] Can't compile - pdflatex issue

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Sun Apr 12 01:48:20 CEST 2009

Dear Tim,

> Hello,
>
> I'm running the MacTex 2008 distribution on my Macbook Pro, and it
> just won't compile.

I'm very glad you've subscribed to this mailing list ---as you can
see, many knowledgeable people have come to your help.

Unfortunately, you're not providing more information than in the
pdfTeX mailing list ---that is, how did you install MacTeX? What other
distributions have you installed (even if you have uninstalled them)?
I *really* don't think Fink installs anything in /usr/bin, not even
symlinks.

Have you tried Richard Koch's advice of typesetting your sample
document with TeXShop? As he said, that's in no way an endorsement to
TeXShop, nor a recommendation for its use ---the only thing is that
TeXShop looks into /usr/texbin for the binaries, no matter what Fink
or other distribution has put in your .bash_profile or .profile;
therefore, debugging would be easier.

Best,

Axel