[OS X TeX] TeX is TeX?

George Gratzer gratzer at me.com
Fri Apr 10 19:02:19 CEST 2009

I am writing a joint paper with HL. He uses a standard Linux TeX.

I send him the source, he makes changes, mails back the source and the
pdf. I use Adobe Acrobat to compare his pdf with mine, to find out the
changes made.

Result: everything changed.

So I typeset his new source and then make the comparison, and I get my
answer.

How come his pdf is seen by Acrobat as so different. To my eye, what
is marked up as different looks the same.

We both use TeX out of the box, same font (CM), etc.

Puzzling.

GG