[OS X TeX] LaTable and Tablas: Windows LaTeX table editors on OS X (Intel only)

Ramón Figueroa-Centeno ramonf at hawaii.edu
Sun Apr 5 05:19:06 CEST 2009

Aloha,

> How does this compare with TeXTable?

TeXTable has nice features, but it has a bug the author was never able to resolve. Namely, it is supposed to have a button that when pressed will provide a preview of the table (see the screen shots in the TeXTable page <http://www.twistedtheorysoftware.com/textable/images/screenshot-01-small.png>), but that does not appear for some users (myself included). The author could not quash this bug, so he open sourced the code in the hopes that someone would fix this, and continue development. (I believe the bug lies in that the author has non-standard frameworks on his machine. If anybody can shed light on this we would greatly improve an already useful tool).

Now, LaTable and Tablas allow for the drawing of borders of individual cells (like a spreadsheet would) and allow for the merging of cells (adjacent in the same row).

If the above bug is quashed and the features for borders and merging cells are added (the later is discussed by the author in the TeXTable forum as a major change, that he does not have the time to pursue), then TeXTable will be definitely a better alternative to running Windows software on OS X.

Ramón