[OS X TeX] Mactex (texlive2008) input of shortcuts only works if input file in same directory as .tex

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Sep 30 09:01:20 CEST 2008

Am 30.09.2008 um 05:31 schrieb Neal Beck:

> Since I have switched, this only works if nealshortcuts.tex is in
> the same file i am texing. Output is below (edited).

Do you mean that MiKTeX had built a custom format file for you?

The log shows that the file in question is loaded. And that you're
not really using MacTeX which is installed in /usr/local/texlive/
<some year>, but Fink's teTeX (version 2 or 3).

By correcting the setup of the environment variable PATH you can
solve your problem. It probably comes from an instruction like

	. /sw/bin/init.sh

in ~/.profile for Bourne shell (sh) or bash users or

	source /sw/bin/init.csh

for (t)csh users in ~/.(t)cshrc. This makes Fink programmes come
first to be chosen for execution. A simple cure would be to remove
Fink's teTeX – within a few minutes it could be re-installed from its
package files ...

--
Greetings

   Pete