[OS X TeX] MathTime Pro 2

George Gratzer gratzer at me.com
Sat Sep 27 18:10:17 CEST 2008

Herb,

Boy, what a difference a hyphen can make. It made my computer work
real hard...

On 27-Sep-08, at 7:47 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Sep 26, 2008, at 11:06 PM, George Gratzer wrote:
>
>> Herb,
>>
>> I am trying to follow your instruction, excellent and clear as
>> always, to install the Lucida fonts.
>>
>> 1. Placed the folder
>>
>> lucida-complete
>>
>> in the folder
>>
>> .usr/local/texlive/texmf-local
>>

> Howdy,
>
> What do you mean by this? Did you just take the folder and place it
> in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/? If so, that isn't correct. The
> files in that folder are sorted into sub-folders and you should
> reconstruct the structure of those folders inside /usr/local/texlive/
> texmf-local/; e.g., the contents of the folder lucida-complete/fonts/
> type1/bh/lucida/ should be placed in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/
> fonts/type1/bh/lucida/ (notice that the trailing part, after lucida-
> complete/ matches the trailing part after /usr/local/texlive/texmf-
> local/). If a folder doesn't exist, create it.

O.K., this is what I did:

in

.usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts

there are 6 subdirectories (I inherited all six):

source contains local
tfm contains local and bh
type1 contains local and bh
vf contains local and bh
afm contains bh
map contains dvips and vtex

Ran the two unix commands, got "done" for both.

Tried to typeset, complained that lucidabr.sty was not found,
eventually copied all the sty and fd files in my working folder.
Obviously, that is not where they should go, but it worked.

Where should they go? I have two folders (lucida and lucidabr) chuck
full of these files, where should I put them?

On the positive side, my Notices article does typeset now with Lucida.

Sigh. Does it have to be this difficult?

GG