[OS X TeX] Latexmk 4.01 is released to CTAN

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Sep 25 21:17:01 CEST 2008

On Sep 25, 2008, at 2:00 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> Latexmk 4.01 has been released to CTAN. It is functionally identical
> to release 4.00e so those folks who updated with
> Latexmk400eTeXShop.zip or Latexmk400eTeXShop218.zip don't have to
> update again. However, I've updated the distribution to
> Latexmk401TeXShop.zip and Latexmk401TeXShop218.zip at <http://homepage.mac.com/herbs2
> > to keep in sync with his numbering.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Howdy,

Sorry to add on but I should explain a bit about latexmk. The
following is from my documentation that comes with the packaging for
TeXShop:

Compiling a tex file that contains cross-references, bibliographic
references and/or indexes is a multi-pass process; i.e., you've got to
run (pdf/xe)latex multiple times with possible intermediate runs of
bibtex and/or makeindex until all references are resolved. The latexmk
perl program, rewritten and presently maintained by John Collins,
automates this multi-pass process. By default it first runs (pdf/
xe)latex on a source file, determines file dependencies by examining
the log file produced by the run and then automatically runs bibtex
and/or makeindex, if needed, and the correct number of additional runs
of (pdf/xe)latex to generate the bibliography, index and cross-
references. This latest version of latexmk, 4.01, also works correctly
with the nomencl package as well as the glossary or glossaries
packages and other packages that produce multiple bibliographies or

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)